Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lost on Lost?

So some of you know what an avid Lost fan I am. I never miss it- and if I do, I watch it online the next day. I have been watching this show since day one- I thought the idea was really interesting- kind of Gilligan's Island meets Survior Meets Castaway. And the real reason I started watchin it was because of Dominic Monaghan.(That is Charlie, or one of the Hobbits from Lord of the Rings)
Well in the first season- they almost killed Charlie off- I was ready to stop watching it then and there- but they did not, so I continued- which actually almost killing him off made me like the show more. It was probably because I loved how intensely I was attached to it.
Well- I still love the show- and now that Charlie is not on the show anymore- I still love it. I have grown to love other Character- Particularly Sawyer.
Anywho- last night was a new Lost. My brother had invited some of his friends over to watch a movie, and I told him that he would have to wait till after Lost. He kind of laughed it off. But he ended up watchin it with us.
So of course, having never watched a single episode- he was completely Lost. How do you explain it?
This is the basic explanation that me and my Dad came up with-
"This plane crashed on a island. On the island already lived the "others" who are now known as the Hostiles, and then there was the Dharma Initiative people, that were killed out by the Hostiles. We know that 6 of the people from the plane crash get off the island- the Oceanic six. Then to protect the island, Ben "moves" it. Ben is a Dharma traitor/ Hostile/Other. Ben convinces the Oceanic six to come back to the island- BUT the island has been jumping through time- So when they come back to the island, four of them end up coming back in time- and meet up with some of the remaining surviors in 1977- who are now part of Dharma. Three others, who were on the plane, are in present time- Ben, Sun and Locke- who was not part of the original oceanic 6 but got off the island to bring the 6 back, tried to kill himself, then ben convinced him not to, then ended up strangling locke and killing him.- Oh yeah did we tell you that Locke is now ALIVE again- now that he is back on the island."
I think it was at this point that we lost them. But seriously how do you explain it- There is so much- if you don't watch it you just don't under stand- and even if you do watch- it is still a little confusing... But it is awesome.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I would have to agree. You can't just jump into the middle of Lost without getting lost yourself. Its such a great show and I am LOVING this season!