
So I woke up Wednesday morning with my alarm going off, as usual I just turned the radio on and just laid there as I was attempting to wake up. For years, I have listened to the same radio station (101.9 the end) because I love their morning show. Well this particular morning, the morning show was not on. I though maybe the DJ's were on vacation- but I still thought that was weird, considering that it was Wednesday, and on Tuesday morning they had not said anything about being gone. Also even if they are gone, they still had a substitute. But it was early in the morning and I did not really think too much about this.
Then on later that day, as I was coming home from work, I was listening to this station yet again. This really is the only station that I listen too regularly because I like the music that they play. I am not really a pop, generation X music type. I do not like most rap, R&B, Country. I love Jack Johnson, Barenaked Ladies, Muse, Jason Mraz, Dashboard Confessional, Dave Matthews- this is my type of music. Anywho- back to the point- I am listening to the station, and the are playing really weird songs- songs that I have never heard them play before.(it was some R&B song about if your man screws around then you should clean him dry)
Then I remembered that the morning show was weird (gone) so I did some investigating. Apparently some time between Tuesday and Wednesday they radio execs decided to change formats and they are now playing what they call "Gen X" Music... WHAT THE???? The also got rid of all of their DJ, and just playing music.
So I know that this is not really a big deal to most people- but to me it is. I have listened to this station for YEARS! There is no other station in Utah like this. It is really sad, now I don't know what station to listen to. Sure some of the other stations play some of the music I like, but they also the stuff that I do not like- more often then not. It just frustrates me.
Now I need to find a new station... ugh. See change is not always good.
No comments:
Post a Comment