Can I just say how much I hate that phrase? What does that really mean?
I hate it when people say "You just need to put yourself out there" Out Where? And when I do figure out "where" is, how do I put my self there, and how is that any different then what I am already doing? How will that actually change anything? Maybe I am already "Putting myself out there" and you just don't see it! Or maybe, just maybe, my idea of putting myself out there is different from yours.
If you are single, I am sure you understand. I am sure that some married people understand too. It is not easy dating nowadays. Dating is a complete different activity then what it was when I started dating at sixteen. I blame technology. Don't get me wrong, I like technology but it is killer to social skills and dating.
I think it is gives people an easy out- especially for guys.
I have done online dating. I HATE it. I am a bit of a traditionalist that I think the man needs to do some and contribute to the relationship. It should not be the woman doing all the work. I know that the woman can be encouraging, and that the can help the man along, but it is not her job to be the man.
I am sick of the lack of commitment that exists in unmarried men today. I know that is an over generalization, and that not all men are that way- but those are not the men that I associate with. (at least not the single men that I associate with)
I was very happy to hear that President Monson chastised the men at Priesthood session about dating and it being their priesthood duty to date and get married.
I am just annoyed- and felt like venting. Sometimes I think it would be easier to have an arranged marriage... just saying
1 comment:
Arranged marriage, huh?
So, if that was still in style, we would have been married by now (according to MY parents back in the day) :).
Post a Comment