Friday, August 1, 2008

ABC's of Me- Brought to you today by the letter C




is Cake and Cupcakes.


My newest most favorite thing to do is decorate cakes. I love especially to come up with creative 3-D cakes. My favorite shows to watch are the Food Network Challenges where they compete for $10,000 by make huge elaborate cakes or larger sugar pieces that are like 5 feet tall. These are made completely out of sugar or cake and frosting. It amazes me what people can do with sugar and some talent. And Also- if you have never seen the show, they have usually only 6 hours to do it. And they have to make almost everything there. There is very little that they are alllowed to pre-make. The most amazing one I saw was when they did the Disney villians.

The Cake that won was of Captain Hook. It is incredible how detailed it is. And yes... Captain Hook is Balancing on the nose of the Crocidle, and it is ALL Cake and Foundant. (With a little bit of structure help.)

I have tried my hand making some coold cakes and cupcakes. I have been a little bit more successful with the cakes then the cupcakes. But I am still working on it. Here is a pic of my first attempt to creat a "cool" cake.

1 comment:

The Brewer's said...

Love the shark cake! I wish I was more talented in that area, unfortunately I'm not and I have to allow Wal-Mart to supply the cute birthday cakes for my girls.