Monday, December 1, 2008

Did you hear a pop?


I famous tradition of a touch football game on Thanksgiving day... oh the fun. Till someone gets hurt.
This particular year- I was that someone who got hurt. I normally am the sit back and watch the people play, while I am the sports photograhper- especially when it comes to playing football with boys. While this year, I decieded to play. We we doing awesome, having fun. Then, Kelli was the QB. Tim and Nate are in the backfield. Kel lobs a long one to Nate ( long was not very long, because the field was really small. Play with waht your given...) But It was a nice pass until Tim decieded to intercept it. Then, me and nate went up to try and block it. Nate came down, tumbled and rolled right on to my left leg. I felt like I was watchin it all in slow motion. I remember thinking "Man, this is really going to hurt, and do some damage, and there is no way that I can avoid it"
Well Nate got up, I did not. Nate came over and saw me grasping my ankle. He asked me if I heard a pop. I really do not remember. But my dad said that he heard it, and he was like 10 ft away. Well Nate was doing different stretches and things to make sure it was not broken. It wasn't thankfully, but my football career was over.


This is what my foot looked like about two hours later.
Nice huh?
So what was I thankful for this Thanksgiving? Having a Brother-in-Law who is a trained EMT. Thanks NATE!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Nice Andrea...I did something like that while playing basketball. It took a week or more for my ankle to feel better. I feel your pain. Just take it easy and enjoy all the pampering! :)

Elaine

cassie said...

oh my heck, that looks disgusting!! haha, i am so sorry that happened! that really sucks!

James and Monica said...

only you....