So I am not really liking the flow of writing 2010... and it is not just because I am not use to it yet.
When I write the date, I simplify (something like this- 4-13-09 or 4/13/09...none of this 4/13/2009 or April 13, 2009.)
Well writing 2010 shortened just looks weird to me... it is the ten it throws me off-- 1/6/10... weird. So then I write 1/6/2010... ugh.
Plus Twenty-Ten... no one called it Twenty- Nine. Ugh... ok weird things to get over... which leads me to my goals...
As I stated at the beginning of Twenty-Nine I am not a fan of resolutions but I agree with goals. I think that I did ok with my goals for last year for the most part- so I am continuing them again this year- and adding one or two more
So here were the goals from last year
1- Read at least one NEW (new meaning a book I have not read before) a month.
(which I did not read a new one a month but I read a couple of new ones)
2- Be a Yes Man.- i just saw the new movie Yes Man... it was ok... but had a good idea behind it. I realized that I need to say Yes to more opportunities. And most particularly make time for more opportunities.
I think for the most part I did this, there was not really any opportunity I turned down, as long as I did not have conflicting issues.
3- Don't be idle.- I watch a lot of TV and Movies- and I am not going to give this up. So to compromise, I will make sure that when I am watching these movies and TV shows, I am accomplishing something still by doing crafts, puzzles, etc...
I finished the cross stitch I had been working on since 2004- so check on this one.
4- Take a Cake Decorating Class. - Failed technically- I did not take a class but I learned a lot of new techniques- self taught
5- Hug people more often. - I still could to better on this one. I am just not a hugger.
So a couple of more goals this year-
1- To go on a cruise!- I need a vacation- I had seriously lack of one last year.
2- To make exercise a habit- which works because I need to exercise for one of my classes this semester- so Yay- love it when the stars align.
1 comment:
Too bad we're not around. We're total and complete huggers! I do like the non-resolution resolutions.
Post a Comment