That was until Sunday night.
This is basically what I looked like- I did not take any pictures of myself, so this is the closest you are gonna get.

Not a pretty sight. It all started, I think, on Friday night. I went out to dinner with my friend Rachel, I had ribs and shrimp. I did not eat anything that I had not had before. We suspect that shrimp is the culprit. It is just really weird since I have shrimp all the time.
Well Friday night when I go to bed, my little sister Tara said that my eye looked like it was swelling. It felt itch so I took some allergy medicine.
Saturday morning I woke up, eye was not swollen but my lips was starting to swell. So I took some more allergy medicine, and then went to take a test. By the time the test was over, I went to Target got some benadryl, and decided just to chill for the day at home.
Things continued to get progressively worse, I broke out in hives all over my body, and benadryl was just not cutting. I went to the store again, got some Cortizone cream, which helped a little.
Well Sunday morning comes, and I am worse then ever. I had no appetite, and I just wanted to sleep.
Then at 10:00 it all moved to my face. This is where the panic set in. I knew that if it went to my throat, it would close up and I would not be able to breathe. So I had my Dad take me to the ER. When we got there, they put us in a room, and the nurse and doctor confirmed what I had previously guessed about the allergic reaction (no duh, of course I am having a reaction) They loaded me up with some strong benadryl, steroids, and epinephrine (I don't think I spelled that right) Then they sent me on my way, and told me that it would be best to avoid shrimp.
So it made for quite the eventful weekend. And I did not get anything done that I needed to- ie school work.
2 comments:
oh man. that sucks. now you are just like the rest of us. =)
Glad to hear that you are doing better.
Post a Comment