Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is this seriously English?

I guess it is-because according to my sister- the Beauty of the English language is that it is continually evolving and new words always come into existence... blah blah blah.
Ok- I agree with her that there are always new words that come up- but since when did shortening- or altering- an old word make it a new word?
Random I know- here is where my thought comes from-
1- I hate the word Chillax- if that is how you spell it. You notice how people are using this "Chillax, man." or "Just Chillaxing by the pool" NOT A WORD! Say Relax or Chill. Do not tell me to Chillax
2- Obvs and Nach- when did it become so hard to finish an entire word? Obviously it is impossible. Oh wait not it is not I just did it and it only took me a millisecond longer to type the WHOLE word.
Seriously- don't talk like this- you sounds stupid.

3 comments:

megh said...

A-freakin'-greed. I HATE STUPID PEOPLE! Hehehe. But, speaking of words that aren't words...the word verification at the bottom of this page is "baturnis" - what does that mean?

Tara said...

hahahah!! I refuse to use "text" language. I always use correct grammar in them. Always. And correct punctuation. And if I see one more thing with "OMG" on it... I think I might punch a baby.

Andrea said...

Don't punch a baby... just punch the teenage girls that use that language.